Adult Cardiac Surgery Unit
The Adult Cardiac Surgery Unit offers safe and effective solutions to heart diseases that require surgical correction.
It boasts a multi-year tradition and an internationally recognised leadership for the development and teaching of the most advanced minimally invasive techniques. minimally invasive techniques.
Over 1000 major cardiac surgeries per year, with results that are among the best in Europe, especially considering the high risk profile and complexity of the cases treated.
- Beating heart myocardial revascularisation with mini thoracotomy and hybrid approach;
- Endoscopic minimally invasive repair surgery of the mitral and tricuspid valves, with a repair rate of more than 96% in degenerative disease;
- Repair and replacement surgery of the aortic valve with a mini-thoracotomy and transcatheter approach;
- Reconstructive surgery of the aortic root;
- Surgery of the aortic arch and thoracic aorta with minimally invasive approach;
- Minimally invasive treatment of atrial fibrillation;
- Heart failure surgery and implantation of ventricular support systems as target therapy;
- Treatment of grown-up congenital heart disease (GUCH) in collaboration with the Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Unit;
- Transcatheter treatment of valve diseases in collaboration with the Hemodynamics Unit..
Research and scientific activity
The Unit is involved in numerous international research projects recognised and awarded by the scientific community. It is an integral part of the university training network and promotes fellowships in the field of high specialisation in cardiac surgery.
Write us via the online form
You can contact Monasterio Foundation for information on its activities, to get an orientation or to seek specialists. You can also write us for suggestions or feedback on your experience with the Foundation.